It is Easter Holiday in less than a month time and I am planning to do couple of the Easter special recipe for the blog. The first things that come up to my mind are Easter Chocolate Egg, no matter you are a big fans or chocolate or not, you just can’t denied that chocolate did play a huge part in Easter. To be honest, I’m not a big fans of chocolate, the only type of chocolate late is those really dark chocolate like Lindt 85% cocoa one. So I rarely make chocolate dessert at home and Mum keep complaining I’m making her fat by feeding her unlimited desserts.
Since Chocolate is one of the essential element of Easter, and chocolate Easter egg is everywhere during this period. So I decide to go ahead and make a dessert which I can put inside the chocolate egg. It was inspired by one of the recipe/photo I saw on Pinterest which is originally made with cheesecake but I had altered it and replace cheesecake with yoghurt panna cotta. The reason I use Panna Cotta because I think it texture look more like boil egg and also it will taste creamier. And the top bit I use passionfruit ganache and it had this lovely yellow colour and texture which look just like real egg yolk.
This lovely real egg like Panna Cotta is really easy to make and will definitely so much fun to make. As Panna Cotta is a very easy dessert to make, it goes well with any syrup like berry, mango or caramel. Wish you enjoy this little cute Easter egg and I guarantee it will not only feed your appetite but also feed your eyes.
Ingredient (Can make approximately 14 of 17g Easter Chocolate egg)
14 Easter Chocolate Egg
1 cup cream
1 cup Greek yoghurt
1½ teaspoon powder gelatine
1½ tablespoon water
2 tablespoon sugar
1 passionfruit or 25ml passionfruit juice
15g White chocolate
2 teaspoon cream
1) Carefully cut the top part of the Easter Chocolate egg off. Use a sharp knife to cut the top part open then break the open top as desired. Put in the fridge as we don't want out chocolate egg to melt.
2) Heat the cream with sugar in a pot until shimmering. Set it aside to cool down until room temperature. ( As we don't want to pour in warm mixture into chocolate, they will melt easily.)
3) Meanwhile sprinkle the gelatine powder over water and set aside until it absorbs all the water. Microwave for 10-15 second until the gelatine become clear.
4) Pour the gelatine into room temperature cream and mix well together.
5) Combine the Greek yoghurt with the cream mixture and mix until it smooth.
6) Pour the Panna Cotta into the chocolate egg shell and refrigerate for 4 hours or leave overnight.
7) Filter the passionfruit juice out. Microwave for 15-30 seconds until hot.
8) Put white chocolate in hot passionfruit juice and let it sit aside to melt. Put in the cream to make it look more like an egg yolk. Pipe or spoon on top of the panna cotta.
Look how good these passionfruit ganache turn into real egg yolk. It look like I can actually make fried egg with these chocolate Easter egg.
Also I recycle some of my egg tray to hold these cute chocolate egg which make them look even more egg alike.